giovedì 26 dicembre 2013

Christmas beauty-related gifts

Hello! Are you enjoying the holidays? I hope so!
I wanted to show you three beauty products I received this year, who are also my first UD products, not counting the nail polishes.
Do they really need an introduction?

The Naked Basics was on my wishlist for many reasons: it's small, travel friendly and contains beautiful nude matte shades. Small nude palettes are very popular now, but they aren't matte...
I've tried it on Christmas day, and it's just great. The colors are very pigmented (Faint is my new fave brown) and Walk of Shame is a "my lid but better".  I know Venus is a frost/subtle shimmery color, but It's perfect for highlighting needs, so I'm not gonna complain. I can't wait to learn many combinations and makeups with this.

The UD 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencils are my  new favourite pencils ever. Unsurprising, I know.
Once, I was at Sephora and tried some of them. I fell in love with Uzi, a wonderful gunmetal (with a very appropriate name too). They're soft and allow me to do precise, smooth lines as eyeliner. Uzi might seem too glittery, but it's just metallic and it's a perfect day shade. It has cold undertones and it's just fantastic.
The other one is Invasion, a dark forest green, matte and with cold/blue undertones. It's hard to express how I feel finally owning it, not only because I've desired it for months, but because of the story behind it.
Once I was looking at some online swatches of the UD pencils (I think it was on Sparkage's blog) and was struck by certain color combinations and their names. The matte grey of Desperation, the blue-green of Invasion, the weapon-like grey of Uzi... I fell in love with the color scheme, and started writing a story based on it (inspired by the names too). I haven't finished it yet, but the placeholder title for it is Invasion...
(I plan on connecting that shade to one of my character's outfit).
I feel as if simply staring at it and owning it will help me writing my story.

I hope this doesn't sound too weird... for now, happy holidays! And don't forget to tell me f you received some beauty products for Christmas..

4 commenti:

  1. Udio, LOVVO <3 la Basics è adorabile e penso che se ce l'avessi la userei tutti i giorni (sono pure in periodo "marroni a manetta"), le matite le adoro! Ho puntato Empire e un paio di altre tonalità, ma guarderò meglio anche quelle che hai scelto tu :)

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Si, penso che anche io la userò quasi tutti i giorni, sono tutti colori bellissimi, è praticamente un mai più senza. E le matite, guarda, mi sembra di non averne mai abbastanza delle loro... Empire effettivamente è bellissima, ti comprendo. Su quali altre avevi puntato?

      Elimina
  2. Happy Holidays <3
    Io ho regalato la basics alla mia migliore amica ^^

    RispondiElimina