venerdì 4 ottobre 2013

Urban Decay Smog nail polish & Essence new products haul






No, I don't have the whole Naked Nail Set... my sister does, but she didn't like this one, so she gave it to me.
A shimmery brown/bronze, very warm. It's almost a duochrome, under the light it shifts from brown to bronze to dark purple. I love this color, but it's not much pigmented, after three coats it still didn't offer the coverage I'd ask for. I think it would be better as a layering polish, since it did just a couple of days without topcoat before chipping. Certainly not a groundbreaking polish, and it would've been great if it had offered the same apocalyptic-proof resistance of, say, the UD pencils.

And now, to the Essence haul!




I have studied the Essence website when the new products were presented, and there were a couple of things I found worth trying. So when the Essence display was updated at Coin, well, I took the chance to test them:
Eye Sorbet in illuminating coconut: I had great hopes for this, but it's a bit too glittery and less whitey than I'd expect. It could make a good cream eyeshadow, but not an highlighter, unless you are going for a Twilight vampire look. I will post swatches as soon as I get back home.
Lashes Go Wild mascara: I can't wait to try this, the wand reminds me of Neve Cosmetics' mascara.
Glow In The Night topcoat:  This is going to be fun.
Sparkly Sand Effect in Hey, Nude! : I'm trying this right now! I've chosen it because it reminded me of an OPI polish. I'll post a review real soon!




3 commenti:

  1. I really need to go to coin's and take a proper look at the new displayers! There's something I'm interested into but I always procrastinate!!

    OK, finito il commento mi sono resa conto che non fosse in italiano ma amen XD

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. Hahaha vabeh io ormai scrivo in inglese per abitudine/pigrizia (non ho voglia di scrivere le cose due volte xD). Tu cosa avevi puntato dei nuovi prodotti?

      Elimina
  2. Sostanzialmente, i sugar matte o come li hanno chiamati loro e i topper, come sempre ^^

    RispondiElimina